My Precious Family!

My Precious Family!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

GRAND POST

Well ,this is it!  I took the plunge.  And I must admit, I am a little nervous.  I know that sounds silly, but I am nervous because I soooo desire this blog to be encouraging, uplifting, funny (what do ya expect, it's about our family), but most of all I want it to be God honoring.  At the same time, I am very excited.  I can't wait to see where God takes this journey. 

In this blog you will find: things going on in our family as we live everyday life, the ups and downs of  our adoption journey, and most of all I hope you are pointed to Jesus Christ.  This blog is my life on paper.  So, obviously, it's not always going to be pretty, but I hope that no matter what God's glory shines through. 

The process of naming my blog was quite a process.  I wanted something that would be a reflection of my relationship with Christ.  I had quite an extensive list of things I wanted to name it, but all of them were already being used as blog names.  Finally I tried 'Here At Your Feet' and to my surprise, it wasn't taken.  As I was designing my page it hit me that this name was perfect because it truly describes where I want to be in my relationship with Christ.  I can't take all the credit of the name though.  Casting Crowns (one of my favorite bands) sing a song called 'At Your Feet'.  The chorus of the song goes like this:

"Jesus, Jesus at your feet. Oh to dwell and never leave.
Jesus, Jesus, at your feet.  There is no where else for me.
There is no where else for me"

So, I only thought it fitting to have this song playing on my blog.  I hope this song and this blog speaks to you like it does me.  My desire is to be at His feet and to never leave.  And I hope that is your desire as well.